Ours was really nice but really busy. We start at 10am and didn't get home til 10pm. Needless to say I'm a little sleepy, but it was nice to visit and laugh with all our families.
I am down to single digits as far as weeks left to delivery. That excites and scares me all at once. I have a shower this coming Saturday and another next Wednesday so it will be nice to see friends and family again and know what we have left to purchase before she gets here. It's all going by so fast!
We are taking a child birth prep class on May 24, so maybe that will help prepare me for what's to come. I'm guessing it won't prepare me enough, but to know a little more about how things go will be somewhat comforting....or frightening. LOL
I need to take some belly pictures since she seems to be popping out a little bit more each day. On that note, I got a somewhat offensive comment on Friday that I never thought I'd receive. I went to Bed Bath and Beyond to buy a wedding gift, when the girl behind the counter (mind you she was beyond 9 months prego and told me her baby is over 8 pounds already) asks me:
"So, when is your little one going to come out?"
"July 3rd is her due date, but we'll see"
"Really? July 3rd? WOW, are you sure there is only one in there?"
*Restraining myself from crying or pulling her hair out* "Yep, just one."
I then left the store and tried to to scream or cry. I don't think I look that big, nor does anyone else that I know (or maybe they just care too much about my fragile emotions to tell me the truth lol) You'd think another prego person would be the last to say something like that to another prego. Some people!




1 comment:
Yeah, so, I have to go to Bed, Bath & Beyond here in the next few days too...so I'll make sure to kick the big pregnant lady in the teeth for you! lol.
I can't believe she said that! You really don't look big! You're so teeny and cute. Maybe she thinks you look bigger because the rest of your body is so skinny!
Who cares? Ignore it! :) You're the cutest pregnant lady ever!
Post a Comment