Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Happy Wednesday!

Well here I am, trying my hand at blogging. I'm a little nervous as I never really share much about myself with anyone except those who already know me. I guess that doesn't make much sense now, does it?

I am SO happy the sun is shining and the snow is starting to melt I could cry. I love a nice white Christmas as much as anyone else, but about ten feet ago it could have stopped and I would have been just fine. I am so anxious for Spring and green grass and flowers. I have already completed a bunch of spring cleaning in my home, just hoping it will bring on the actual season. Let's hope it works!!

I haven't told anyone much about my pregnancy so I will share a little. Being pregnant is actually fun now. In the beginning when I was sick, it was less than enjoyable. I know the test said I was pregnant, but its hard to believe when you don't look it, feel anything moving, or have that "glow" that every magazine talks about. I was pasty white from nausea, broken out all over my face because of all the hormone changes, and rarely in any sort of sunny disposition. I am still amazed Chris and I kept it a secret as long as we did. We told all our parents, family, and friends on Christmas day. It was such a fun day and exciting to see all the different reactions. Right around Christmas is when I started to feel better as well so all started looking up from then.

At 13 weeks, we had our first ultrasound. This is when reality strikes that it really is a reality. We got to see her move and hear her little heart beat. It was truly amazing. Surprisingly, I didn't cry. I was smiling too big, as was Chris.

Around 17 weeks I thought I felt movement, but its so hard to tell when you don't know what you are trying to feel. I decided if it was big enough that I could feel it on the outside of my stomach, it just had to be her. One Sunday morning while Chris and I were lying in bed being lazy, I put his hand on my tummy and wouldn't you know it, he got kicked! Ü It was great and he was so excited.

Valentine's Day was extra special since we got to find out if we were having a boy or girl that day. It also confirmed that I was feeling movement, and it wasn't just some indigestion. She is such an active little thing! She moved around the whole time and for whatever reason she loves that left arm right up around her head. She was posed like this back in the 13 week ultrasound pictures as well. She looks more like a human baby now and it makes us that much more anxious to meet her. Her name will be Tylee McWilliams.

I am now 22 weeks along and my belly seems to be sticking out a little more as the weeks go by. Luckily, I didn't experience much showing until Valentine's, so I have been able to stay pretty comfy for the first half. My face is also clearing up much more lately, so I don't feel so gross and ugly.

I've never thought I'd actually be happy to get kicked all day long, but it's a nice feeling. Ü I know it will probably get a little rough when the hot weather comes, but I have to say I think it's only going to get better from here.

1 comment:

Karson and Kami said...

YAY!!! I knew I'd eventually get you to join blogger! I'm so happy to have my very best friend on here!

It was so sweet reading your first entry about your baby girl! I'm sooo excited to meet little Tylee! I can come over to your house every time I need a baby fix! You know you have a built in babysitter with me hehe.

You really need to have another one though so we can have babies around the same age. At this point it looks like little Tylee will have about 2 years on my babies. Oh well, we can still go to the parks and do "momish" things together.

*Love Ya*