We were so blessed to have Chris home for the holidays. He was able to fly in on Friday, December 17th and spend Christmas and New Year's Day with us. We had a great time and I was pretty selfish by mostly keeping him home with me, Ty and Koda.
The holidays always go by quickly but this time even more so than usual. Before I knew it, we were on our way back to the airport on January 2nd and having to say the second of many goodbyes. Its not fun in any way shape or form. I'm so proud of him for being strong enough to do this. I only hope I can continue to pretend that I am strong too.
When he got here, he had a lovely cold/bronchial thing/pneumonia sounding cough and congestion. What would Christmas be if you didn't give something like that to someone else? I would gladly have taken it on to spare my poor baby girl. But unfortunately, she is now the sickly one. It appears that we are nearing the horizon of health again but its going to take a couple more days. Sick kids are so sad! Our house is a depression pit! Sickness and sadness and germs, oh my!
That makes you want to drop everything and come visit, right?!? :)
I am currently on the countdown to February 22, which is the day I will fly out to the Carolinas to see my hottie soldier graduate basic training. 47 more days! I can not WAIT to see him again! I am also on the countdown to when he will be able to come home once training is complete....161 more days as an estimate....that is WAY too long. I sure hope time passes quickly. I can hardly stand to be without him.
Until then...I better come up with some hobbies or something! Any ideas?
Some of my most favorite pictures....

The holidays always go by quickly but this time even more so than usual. Before I knew it, we were on our way back to the airport on January 2nd and having to say the second of many goodbyes. Its not fun in any way shape or form. I'm so proud of him for being strong enough to do this. I only hope I can continue to pretend that I am strong too.
When he got here, he had a lovely cold/bronchial thing/pneumonia sounding cough and congestion. What would Christmas be if you didn't give something like that to someone else? I would gladly have taken it on to spare my poor baby girl. But unfortunately, she is now the sickly one. It appears that we are nearing the horizon of health again but its going to take a couple more days. Sick kids are so sad! Our house is a depression pit! Sickness and sadness and germs, oh my!
That makes you want to drop everything and come visit, right?!? :)
I am currently on the countdown to February 22, which is the day I will fly out to the Carolinas to see my hottie soldier graduate basic training. 47 more days! I can not WAIT to see him again! I am also on the countdown to when he will be able to come home once training is complete....161 more days as an estimate....that is WAY too long. I sure hope time passes quickly. I can hardly stand to be without him.
Until then...I better come up with some hobbies or something! Any ideas?
Some of my most favorite pictures....





No comments:
Post a Comment