Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Possible OCD

I admit, I despise sharing feelings. Especially with anyone besides Chris. But he isn't readily available right now so I have to have an outlet of some sort to get me through.

What do I do?

I obsessively clean and dejunk! You'd think with this newly found coping mechanism my house would be in tip top shape and would not have one more thing to get rid of. I'm sure I'm nearing that.

I went on a massive cleaning out and reorganizing of my linen closet. And Tylee's toys. And clothes, shoes & purses of mine. And kitchen items that are nice but never used. By the time I got everything packed up, I had 10 large garbage bags of stuff for donation. Plus 3 other items that didn't fit in bags. Man, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Utah loved me that day.

I failed to clarify that I did this just the week before Chris came home on holiday leave. So roughly December 11th.

Well last night the urge struck me again and I went to town on my closet and dresser. I reorganized my entire dresser last night and plan to do my closet tonight. I have this habit of going through stuff and thinking I might need it later. Well all that went out the window last night. And it felt SO good for some reason. It makes me feel productive and like a huge weight is being lifted off.

But a few days later its going to strike again...and what will I do then? I can't very well give away things we need. I need new ideas for ways to get through this. Retail therapy is nice...any other ideas?!?!?

1 comment:

jordan.krogman said...

You could totally come do my house ;) I won't object to where you put anything as long as it's not in the middle of my living room floor (where too much junk is at currently). haha
I seem to go in spurts of cleaning/organizing/decluttering all the time, and there's always more to do if I just give it some time. Junk has a way of mulitplying!