Friday, January 14, 2011

Yawn

I have already been awake for 7 hours. SEVEN hours. WTH. Is it nap time?
I awoke in a panic at 3:58am. I thought it was 7am and therefore running late for work. My heart rate slowed a little once I realized the actual time. Then I remembered all the lovely snow that was coming down as I passed out last night. I decided no time better than the present to get it all shoveled up and cleared away. My, wasn't I ambitious?!?!? Actually working 8-5, racing to get to Tylee by 5:30 and then heading home and playing with her until 9pm and THEN going out to shovel did not appeal to me AT ALL. 4am was the lesser of two evils.

Needless to say I got it done in about an hour, went inside and pet and kissed my poor dog that was just SO exhausted from watching me (inside the damn house mind you) while I shoveled all that snow. That was a nice 30 minutes and then I had to get ready for the day.

How can I say no to that face?

My whole point with telling that story is if my post seems scattered and like alot of rambling is occurring...you can't blame me!! Its Friday AND I have sleep deprivation!

I am going insane. I haven't received a letter from Chris since Monday and even at that it was dated Jan 4. So I have no new information in 10 days. That is so long to go without talking to your best friend. I have sent him a letter each day...sometimes two. Hopefully he is at least getting mine so he knows we are thinking about him all the time. Sigh. If there aren't letters from him in my mailbox today, I cannot guarantee my niceness and the usual sense of humor for the remainder of the day. Or weekend.

I know its best to keep busy. I really try to. The aforementioned OCD cleaning disorder helps. But my house is spotless for now. And its a long weekend coming up. Which I look forward to yet somehow dread all at once. I want him here to enjoy the long weekend with. I want a hug and a kiss when I get home from work. Ty and Koda's hugs and kisses are awesome....but not the same. I MISS him so much.

This picture makes me happy.

I keep thinking some day I'll get used to it. But the truth is, I won't. I can't. But I will press on and pretend like everything is fine because that's the only way I know how to do it. This too shall pass......right?

2 comments:

Mel and Curt said...

That picture made me cry.. don't ask why cause I don't know why. I love you and miss all of you!!

Karson and Kami said...

I've decided to get back into the blogging world!! So, of course I had to stop by yours. I cannot believe that you shovel your own driveway, I know Chris is gone, but if Karson wasn't here, I'd SOOO hire a neighbor boy to come do it for me! lol. I know..I'm a princess.

I love this picture of the 3 of you, it's so sweet. You have such a cute little family. I'm so sorry that you have to be without Chris for so long..I don't know how you do it. Let me know if you want some company, I'd love to see you again. It's been WAY too long.

Love ya!