Tuesday, September 9, 2008

So It's Been A While......

One Day Old: She looked so tan to us we were jealous. How was it possible she was inside for 9 months and had better color than her mom and dad. Turns out it was a little jaundice but never really looked yellow until it was almost gone. She was 7 lbs. 10 oz and 20 in. long. Pretty average in size but I felt like she was teeny! One Month Old: This was her first time going to church. She looked so sweet in her little dress and socks that looked like shoes. She slept through all of sacrament, it was very nice :)
Almost Two Months Old: She LOVES to be in this bouncer. She likes to be held sometimes but seems to get sick of it after a while so we put her here and she gets really happy. She talks to the toys that hang from it and listens to the music. Sometimes she passes out so I hurried and took this picture. Her outfit says I love Gramma. It should probably say Gramma Loves Me because all of her grammas can't get enough of her. It's very sweet!
Two Months Old: She LOVES eating her hand. She does well with tummy time but we have yet to get her to fully lift her head up and look at us. I'm hoping this is right around the corner. I'm really excited for her to meet all the milestones and see her grow. I feel like I can enjoy more of my time with her now that I have a feel for what I'm doing. Her smiles and talking to me crack me up, I love it more than anything. She was 12 lbs 4 oz and 23 in. long at her Dr. appt. She did really well with shots, I think I had a harder time than she did!

Its almost time for me to go back to work! Exactly two weeks from tomorrow will be my first day fully back. This is bittersweet for me...it will be nice to be back in the office and have adult conversations but I feel I will miss out on all of Ty's "firsts" and have a hard time leaving her with someone I don't really know yet. I met with and interviewed quite a few daycare providers and felt very good about the person I chose so I hope it works out as well as I feel its going to. That first day Chris will be taking her which is probably a much better idea as I would cry my whole way to work. Now watch something will happen with his schedule and I will be the one that ends up taking her. :(

3 comments:

The Vining's said...

That's hard!! Don't be afraid to cry SISTA!! LEt me know if you need anything!! Soon she'll be big enough to play with us at the park!!

Anonymous said...

what a beautiful baby.
call me anytime if you need to talk. i'd really like that.:)

Andy and Katy said...

She is so sweet. I love the headband picture. Good Luck on going back to work, you will do great and so will she.