Thursday, April 24, 2008

One Year Anniversary!!

Monday, April 21 was our one year wedding anniversary. I can't believe how fast it went by and how much has changed in a year. I certainly didn't think we'd be with child at this point, but its very exciting! I'm sure I have no idea but I imagine our lives will change very dramatically when she finally comes into the world. I'm very nervous/anxious/scared/excited. Haha hopefully the excited takes over more than any other emotion but for now I think nervous wins.

Chris surprised me with pink roses, wooden letters spelling out Tylee's name(which I've been talking about getting) and a shelf to put them on. He was so excited because its very rare that he actually gets to surprise me. I usually get it out of him in advance what we'll be doing or what he's going to get me. I'm a punk I know, but I always like to know what's going on. He also took me out to Red Lobster which is one of my favorites. We haven't been there for 2 years so it was about time! I got him a movie and cd he wanted, plus candy and some other things. We aren't supposed to be buying anything for eachother so its funny we both broke the rule. It was a really nice day and I'm so grateful to have him as my hubby and best friend forever and eternity. I don't know what I would do without him.

Last weekend we got a ton of yard work done, so this weekend we are thinking after we do a little work around the house, it's our time to play. We have restaurant and movie gift certificates so we can go on dates for free! Woo Hoo! I swear the older I get, the cheaper I get lol. Not to mention we have a rather large purchase to make in the next little while with Tylee coming and all.

Tomorrow is Koda's first birthday. We were thinking of having a party since he's our son and all, but I think his party will consist of us and our parents. Maybe some cake for us and a really good treat for him. Ü Goofy I know but he's our baby. I better go find him some toys and treats today on my lunch break!

Monday is carpet day!!! Yay! I can't wait. I think I might take some before and afters so Tuesday I will post those. The smell and having fresh clean carpet makes me SO happy. After we get that installed, it'll just be cleaning the house really well and then we will be able to get Tylee's room all set up and ready to go.

3 comments:

Chris said...

Hey congrats again on your 1 year. It sounds like things are going really well and that is great. I wish you guys all the happiness that is possible. Well talk to you tomorrow most likely.
Later
Chris

Karson and Kami said...

Aww, Happy Anniversary!! I'm so glad that you found someone that you can spend forever with that makes you so happy! You guys really are so cute together. Your sarcastic personalities go perfect! lol

Sounds like you guys had a great day! I'm glad Chris got to surprise you too! You deserve surprises!

So funny that you treat Koda like a son! Makes me laugh. :)

YAY! New carpet...I loved the way our house smelled when we got ours installed..yum!! You'll have to invite us over when it's done so I can come see it.

Let us know if we can help you at all with putting Tylee's room together!

Love ya!

Andy and Katy said...

Congratulations on making it a year. Looking back after alost 6 I think that the first year can be the hardest. I too was unexpectedly with child on our first. It will be great to have a baby and enjoy her together. I am so happy for you. We should get together for lunch. Email me if you get a chance.

Katy

kalmorgan@hotmail.com