Sunday, July 6, 2008

We've been home a week now......

and its gone fairly well. I will catch everyone up since I didn't have alot of time to when I posted her pictures.

I went to the hospital Thursday night at 8pm. My dr. said I was a favorable candidate to be induced since I was already progressing so much so I opted for that. I didn't know that when I went in at 8pm the dr. wasn't planning on breaking my water until 7am the next morning. A little irritating to find out after I'd been there 3 hours and hooked up to everything. But, oh well it got her here faster than she was probably planning on so we were still happy. Laboring for that long wasn't too bad since you don't progress a ton without your water being broken, but it is impossible to sleep through. Being up from 5am Thursday til Friday afternoon was a little harder than I thought it would be on me. Not to mention when it came time to pushing, it took 2 hours and she was STUCK so I was very stressed over her and if she was okay. Once she finally got here, I was so exhausted I vaguely recall holding her and giving her to Chris and then passing out.

They only let her stay in the room for about 10 minutes and then they had to take her to the nursery. She delivered face up so she was having a hard time breathing plus they had told Chris there were a few other problems as well. So stressed out daddy+passed out mommy=not a great couple of hours. She delivered at 12:57pm and I finally got a phone call around 3:30 saying everything was fine and she would be in my arms soon. Our prayers were definitely answered and our beautiful baby girl is perfectly healthy.

She had a touch of jaundice so we had to take her to the dr. on Thursday. Turns out she is doing much better than expected and already gaining her weight back. Her yellow has faded and now we are able to enjoy our baby girl without stressing out so much about if she's okay and what's going on with her.

3 comments:

Andy and Katy said...

It sounds like you went through a lot to get her here. I am so glad to hear that you guys are both doing better and adjusting to life with a newborn. Can't wait to see more pics of her and we will get together soon. Let me know when you feel up to a visitor and I will grab us some lunch and get a babysitter for my kids. Keep in touch and let me know if you need anything. Congratulations again she is beautiful.

Karson and Kami said...

Aww, I already heard this story but of course I had to read it again! I'm so happy for you guys. She is so special and beautiful! You did a good job! :) Can't wait to do her newborn pictures...hope we are still on for Tuesday...It's tuesday right now actually 4:00 a.m.! Yikes! I need to go to bed! Love ya! (love you too Tylee)

Ariana Rose said...

Is there a Maalox for babies?? I'm trying to get an appointment with a new doctor to see if Payson has reflux (I'm sure he does), but in the meantime if there was something I could buy over the counter to help that'd be awesome.

We use the gas drops and I bet they help, he is a very gassy little guy even with the gas drops!

I hope Tylee is just having a fussy day- I wouldn't wish colic stuff on anyone!